Who we are
This website is owned and operated by Escape the Room, an escape room provider. Our website address is: https://escapeout.ch.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- from you when you complete a form or otherwise provide contact details at an event or open day (for example, a business card);
- when you complete and submit a web enquiry form;
- automatically from our website (see below);
From our website:
When you use our websites, information about the IP address and browser that your computer is using will be made known to us. We may use such information to monitor how our websites are used, which pages are visited and how often visits are made.
Our websites use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest
Reporting, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. which uses
cookies to help us analyse how this site is used.
Below are some examples of data collected automatically through Google Analytics from all users:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address
- computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream data, including date and time, and content viewed or searched for on the site
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|Google Analytics||_ga (Expires after 2 years)|
_gat (Expires end of session)
_gid (Expires after 24 hours)
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.|
|Wordfence||wordfence_verifiedHuman (expires after 24 hours)|
wfvt_[#] (Expires end of session)
|A Wordfence security plug-in used to protect the Site against malicious attacks.|
Information about your general geographic location (used to remember your time zone, for example). These are known as session cookies and are deleted when you leave the site.
|Session cookies||PHPSESSID (Expires when the browser is closed at end of session)||Used to check that the cookies consent bar has been accepted.|
|Captcha session cookie||rand_code_1 (Expires when the browser is closed at end of session)||Captcha required for all contact form submissions.|
|Polylang language||pll_language (Expires after 1 year)||Polylang uses a cookie to remember the language selected by the user when he comes back to visit again the website. This cookie is also used to get the language information when not available in another way.|
What types of information do we collect about you?
We collect contact details, which may include:
- your name
- email address
- telephone number
- your language preference
How will we use your information?
We use your personal information when booking you in for an escape room session or when contacting you in regards to your booked escape room session.
We might also use your name and escape room time on a leader board on the website if you give us permission to do so by signing a consent form at the escape room experience.
What legal basis do we have for processing your information?
We will process your personal data on the following legal bases:
- Consent: We will collect, use and store your personal data in accordance with your consent so as to provide services requested by you including for example creating a member account, booking an escape room, processing your orders, adding your name to a leader board on the website or supplying information requested by you.
- Performance of contract. We will collect your personal data in order to perform any contract between you and us or to provide services and ensure that escape room bookings are confirmed and communicated to you via communication channels of your choice. We may also collect personal data as necessary for carry out your requests or instructions prior to entering into contract.
- Compliance with Law/Legal obligation: We may use, retain and disclose personal data in accordance with the law or to comply with any obligation to which we are subject including for example for tax audit, accounting or labour law compliance purposes. We may disclose personal data in response to legitimate requests by law enforcement, judicial process and/or governmental regulatory bodies.
- Legitimate Interest: We will from time to send marketing information to you where we believe that such information is beneficial to, and reasonably expected, by you as a customer and in our legitimate interests.
Who will we share your information with?
Escape the Room do not share or disclose your personal data except where (a) you clearly permit us to do so, (b) the law compels us to share or disclose data, or (c) sharing or disclosure is necessary for the provision of goods and services requested by you. Where Escape the Room have a lawful basis to release information to third parties, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that relevant third parties comply with data protection obligations set forth in this Notice. Escape the Room have has data processing agreements with third parties to whom we share information and such third parties agree not to use personal information for purposes other than those specified in this notice.
How long we retain your data
Escape the Room does not keep personal data without legitimate reason. We will only retain data for as long as is needed to provide services requested by you and in accordance with the law. For example, we may retain certain data to comply with our tax reporting and/or audit obligations. Escape the Room will discard data where: (a) it no longer needs the data in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or obtained (b) consent for processing has been withdrawn, or (c) processing has been restricted or objected to.
What rights you have over your data
If you have booked an escape room, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who can you contact about your information?
For any questions, enquiries and/or complaints regarding this Notice or our data processing practices, please contact us at the following addresses:
Mattenhof Resort Hotel
3800 Matten bei Interlaken,